Shortly after we have received your application we will invite you for an interview.
At your interview we will be able to offer advice and guidance about the best course for you and you can ask questions about your programme.
After your interview we will be in regular contact throughout the year to keep you updated about your application and any events we are holding.
Students will be notified of their interview through the application portal.
What to expect from your college interview
We know that applying for a college or sixth form is a serious decision, but we want you to be excited, not nervous. We invite you for an interview so that we can get to know you on an individual level and provide you with advice and guidance on choosing the college and courses that are right for you. We can even help with the potential career paths your programme could lead to.
When having your interview the most important thing to remember is to just be yourself. We're not going to ask you any tricky interview questions and we're certainly not here to catch you out – we want to give you tailored advice to help you make an informed decision about college.
To help put your mind at rest, we've put together a run-through of what to expect at your interview and the questions you may be asked:
- Why would you like to study these courses?
- What are your hobbies or interests?
- What are your likes/dislikes in regards to learning?
- Do you know what you might like to do as a future career?
- Are there any personal difficulties that may affect your studies?
Your interviewer will talk to you about:
- Entry requirements for your chosen courses
- Course information about your chosen subjects (units and assessments)
- The college code of conduct (our expectations on behaviour and attendance)
- How we can support you at Abbeygate Sixth Form College (Student Services)
- Enrichment activities
We have a number of interview sessions running throughout the academic year, they are as follows:
- 14th April 2021
If you have a question not noted above, please email us email@example.com or call 01284 636501.